I had lots of fun last weekend! I went on my very first camping trip and I hope there's more to come in the summer. We drove for a pretty long time...but we saw lots of awesome scenery, so it was worth it. We stayed overnight at a place called Beartooth Lake (the 4th picture is Beartooth Lake). It was very pretty....but for some reason there was grizzly bear signs up. Not a great start knowing there is a bear lurking around! We heard bull elk bugling at night and then saw a cow elk in the morning by the lake and she was "talking" to her male friend a lot! I'm not sure if you've ever heard an elk "talk" but they sound really weird. The only problem with the trip was that it got REALLY cold at night...20 degrees Fahrenheit (-7 degrees Celsius). It's a good thing we had lots of blankets and I had a jacket, warm sleepers and a down sleep sack! It was weird sleeping in a new bed with my mom and 2 dogs (my dad was relegated to the other side of the tent trailer), but at least everyone stayed relatively warm. All in all we had a great night and I can't wait to do it again...but only when it's warm!








2 comments:
You look great Taylor!!!
Grandpa
Taylor, you saw more in one weekend than your Canadian cousins saw in their 2 week holiday to 2 national parks!! Clearly, we need to make a trip to Yellowstone Park next summer. You looked a little chilly with that red nose but sounds like your mom and dad kept you pretty warm!
Cousin Jen
Post a Comment